Strain Review: Charlottes Web
Engineered by the Stanley Brothers from Colorado, this strain was designed to heal. They created this strain specifically for Charlotte Figi (hence its name) a young epilepsy patient. It was extremely effective on combatting Charlotte’s multiple seizures a day. Thanks to this wonderful strain, her well-being is significantly improved till this day. It has been heavily publicized by CNN, Dr.OZ, CBS, and much more.
How It Works
*If you didn’t know*
- THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) acts directly on the body’s endocannabinoid receptors.
- CBD (Cannabidiol) works indirectly on the body’s endocannabinoid receptors, and increases the availability of the body’s own endocannabinoid compounds to stimulate those receptors.
- Essensitally, CBD may act as a booster to help out many of the body’s naturally functioning processes.
Effects of Charlottes Web
As a result, the strain contains under 1% THC, and between 15-20% CBD. This high CBD content is fantastic for users who enjoy the traditional method of ingestion – smoking. Additionally, the extremely low levels of THC result in almost zero psychedelic affects. Instead, the user will typically feel relaxed, focussed, and creative. The user will also experience relief from pain, nausea, migraine, and appetite. This is especially great for patients who are trying to gain the wonderful benefits of Cannabidiol without the psychedelic effects.
Functions and Advantages
The rare ratio of THC and CBD in Charlottes Web provides a variety of functions that users can benefit from.
- Baking Edibles – Patients who wish to bake weed edibles, and tame the THC content may find a huge advantage baking with Charlottes Web.
- Elderly patients or patients who have never consumed cannabis can start with Charlottes Web. They will only feel the wonderful CBD effects and almost no psychedelics. However, some people may vary. Some have found that they would get dizzy from smoking too much.
Top 23 Benefits of CBD
Here is a list of proven benefits from consuming CBD
- Chronic Pain
- Anxiety and Social Anxiety Disorder
- Fear reactions or Effects
- Depression and Increase Mood
- Sleep Insomnia
- Cancer pains and cancer related symptoms
- Nausea and vomiting
- Nerve Pain
- Acne and Dry Skin
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Migraines and Chronic Headaches
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Cigarette Addiction
- Drug Withdrawal
- Muscle Pain and Muscle Recovery
- Heart Conditions
- Risk of Diabetes and Obesity
And much more.
At Budem, we are passionate about healing and self medicating. We have mentioned Charlottes Web in our store multiple times, and featured this strain because we strongly believe in the wonderful benefits our patients can take advantage of. It is our most popular flower and we will continue to purchase it as long as it is available.